KUROKAMI HAIR CARE SOAP
Hair Care: Grow & Darken, Anti-Dandruff
With its golden color and creamy texture, Japanese Camellia oil (also known as Tea Seed Oil) has been responsible for the classic, legendary beauty of Japanese hair for centuries.
In Japan, Camellia oil is commonly used as a leave-in, best when applied to damp hair such as after showering. How much to apply is a matter of personal preference. A little goes a long way, though you can apply as much as you like. Geishas and maikos apply a lot, for the distinct Japanese traditional glossy hair look they prefer.
For difficult hair, it can also be applied to hair before washing to detangle hair and make it more manageable.
The benefit list of Camellia oil for hair care is long:
- Softens hair and tame frizzy hair
- Restores hair's natural shine
- Hydrate dry hair
- Forms a barrier against environmental pollutants
- Repairs breakage and split ends
- Treats dry scalp and itchiness
- Helps prevent dandruff
- Treats damage from chemicals of perms and coloring
The key to healthy hair is healthy follicles. Shampoo is alkaline, which is bad for your hair. Age and environmental dirt clogs your follicles and makes them unhealthy. Camellia oil deeply penetrates and cleans your follicles, removing dirt and other impurities. This stimulates increased hair cell activity and hair cell division. The end result is that your hair grows more quickly, it is healthier and stronger, and inactive hair cells become "awakened" and active again. There is also increased production of melanin which reverses the graying process, and the slightly acidic pH of camellia oil helps neutralize the alkalinity of shampoo to prevent further damage. That explains why we name this beautiful bar as KUROKAMI 黑の发 which also means dark hair in Japanese.
Ingredients: Camelia Infused Organic Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Camelia Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Castor Oil, Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Essential Oil Blend and Love
Best for face & body • Normal to oily hair
100g (+/- 10g)
Hair Care Routine
Pre-wash: Scalp treatment
Treats dandruff, hair loss or problem scalp
(2 times a week)
- Massage scalp with Lavender Rosemary hair treatment oil and leave in for 5-10 mins
- Cleanse hair and scalp with Hair Care soap (best to use with Bubbly Hair Pouch to lather extra bubbles, then use the foams to cleanse the hair and scalp)
- Blow dry hair and scalp completely with hair dryer (medium heat with medium speed) within half an hour (leaving scalp wet in any longer time will cause scalp to produce excessive oil)
Post-wash: leave-on conditioner
Treats split ends, dried hair, tangled hair, frizzy hair
(Use each time after hair wash)
- Apply Lavender Rosemary Hair Treatment Oil during the drying process on the bottom half of hair to treat split ends/ detangle or to tame frizzy hair. Always start with 1 pump (usually sufficient to avoid excessive oil) and add on if desired or for longer length
What to expect with this Hair Care product?
Patience is the key when comes to switching your hair care from commercial to natural. There is often a “detox” period where you hair may feel stiff, dangling, sticky, oily, heavy, or dry. The myriad of synthetic products that are so often in our commercial shampoos and conditioners artificially coat the hair with plastic or protein polymers to make it look and feel undamaged. The more damaged the hair, the more porous it becomes; the more porous the hair, the more it absorbs these synthetic “protein” polymers (e.g. soy, wheat or oat proteins – that are NOT edible foods), plastic polymers such as PVP (petrochemical polyvinyl pyrrolidone) and gum coating agents.
Until the residues of protein and plastic polymers have been completely removed your hair will take some time to heal from all the chemicals… leaving it feeling a little less than “ideal.” But if you’re patient, the end result is worth the wait! As new hair grows in to replace old damaged hair, you’ll probably be amazed at the difference. Then again, for some with very chemically damaged hair, they may not like the way their hair feels after the detox, because this all-natural Hair Care Soap contains none of the vinyl or protein plastic polymers to coat their hair to make it feel or look undamaged.
Now enjoy your luxurious & healthy hair!